Calgary Property - Homes For Sale
By Alan Zunec Of Royal LePage
Calgary is the largest city in Alberta and considered the economic capital of the province. There are many opportunties for growth in the Calgary property market, as the economy is vibrant and growing rapidly. If you are shopping for Calgary homes for sale, our site is one of the most informative available. You can browse properties for sale broken down by community, or use the quick search feature below to get an idea of what is available within your price range. Reading my Calgary Realtor® Blog will keep you up to date information on what homes in the Calgary area are selling for and how competitive it will be if you are thinking of getting in the market to buy property.
|$0 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||$1,000,000 and over|
There are many legitimate advantages to using our services and this website. If you are shopping for Calgary properties for sale, you can look through the entire mls® system or our team listing portfolio. Making an informed decision is important if you plan to get ahead in life, and this is especially important when getting into the real estate market. Browse homes for sale in the Calgary area and then call us for any additional information you need!
My team is dedicated to make sure you have every advantage when buying or selling properties in Calgary. We are proud to be involved with various charities in the local area, including the Women In Need Society of Calgary, The Mustard Seed, and the Make A Wish Foundation. It's important for us to give back to our community, one that we are proud to call our home. I'm one of the top Royal LePage agents in the Calgary area, call me today on (403) 510-7307.
Market Statistics From April 2013
|Total Number of Listings Available for Sale in Calgary||4,364|
|Average Price of Homes for Sale|
|Average Square Footage|
|Average Dollar Amount Per Square Footage|
- The Calgary real estate market is still considered to be favourable to sellers.
- During the month of April, the average listing price of a Calgary house was $510,834. This is up almost six percent when compared to 2012.
- The condo market is still very active and continues to remain very stable. The average price of a condo for sale in Calgary sits at $311,616. This represents a 7 percent increase when compared against 2012.
- Selling times continue to go down. The average amount of time it took to sell a Calgary home was 31 days in April and 38 days for a condo. Both of these statistics represent a continuing decline in the amount of time it is taking to sell Calgary properties.
- On the entire mls® system in Calgary there were 2381 sales in April, which is a noticeable increase from the same time last year. Overall 1611 Calgary houses were bought during April, and 770 Calgary condominiums had a new owner on the title. This is a two percent and twenty five percent increase respectively.
- The current supply of property listings is considered to be about 1.8 months worth and, not surpisingly considering the sellers market conditions, there are 17% less listings available on the market when compared with this time last year. Current Calgary house inventory sits at around 1.8 months worth of supply, and current Calgary condo inventory sits at the same mark.
- The real estate market in Calgary is now considered to be in the favour of those who are selling. We are the only major city in Canada that is experiencing conditions of this nature.