What Are The Benefits Of Using
A Calgary Real Estate Agent
You’re considering listing your property for sale and you haven’t yet decided whether to list through a real estate agent. Creating such a listing with a reputable agent can make the process go much more smoothly.
In Canada, REALTORS® are required to be licensed. In our case, that license is with Alberta. This licensing gives you confidence in our ability to offer professional, knowledgeable representation throughout your sales experience. We can also list your property on the MLS® System , a sales network that can reach agents across the country. The fee for our services, the commission, is agreed upon before the listing, with the funds taken out of the proceeds from your sale. We can offer both a fixed rate commission and a percentage rate, agreed upon before we get started.
- A REALTORS® has a number of legal obligations to take care of for and on behalf of clients. We have listed some of these below.
- Information is key, and we will be sure to keep you informed during the entire sales process. We make sure you understand the obligations and the legal ins and outs that you may come across when selling your property.
- We take care of the listing agreement between you and the brokerage. This is a legal contract between you and your agent and/or brokerage.
- We have your home accurately evaluated and provide you with a complete report. This report also includes information on similar properties already listed in the MLS® System, as well as those recently sold.
- REALTORS® also give useful information on how to increase your property’s value, such as using a home staging service or doing some home improvements.
- Come up with a marketing plan that will give your property maximum exposure. This successfully gets the attention of the possible buyers.
- Once buyers show interest, we can do the screening of those buyers and arrange for showing the property at your convenience.
- On offers, we negotiate with the potential buyers to see that you have the best possible offer. That includes providing counter offers submitted by the buyer’s agent.
- REALTORS® are there to help you make the sale, and help you in any possible way to achieve that goal.
Calgary’s housing market is doing well thanks to the city’s healthy economy. This does provide sellers with the opportunity for a successful sale. Despite this good news, before you head out on your own to sell your property, take a moment to consider a few things. One, are you willing and able to show your home to a potential buyer when it is convenient to them, sometimes with little notice? How are your negotiating skills? Can you stand up to the pressures of negotiation with a seasoned agent? A successful negotiation assures you get the best price possible. Are you able to take calls and answer questions? Do you know your property intimately, as well as the legalities of a real estate sale? If even one of these answers comes back as a no, you might well consider enlisting a REALTOR®. Talk to an agent and chances are you’ll think the commission paid is well worth it.
We do offer services to sellers and buyers. Our priority for sellers is to make sure your property listing is for the correct price. We use a well developed online marketing plan that gets your home noticed by as many potential homebuyers as possible.
That’s where the MLS® System comes in. Not only is your property listed with our agency, it is listed with every realtor’s website throughout Calgary, thanks to a special reciprocity agreement. The more exposure, the more interested parties, which means your home will sell for the best price possible, and more quickly.
Selling a property is hard work. It also requires cash on hand to get the message to the public and take care of legal and other costs. Mistakes can be costly, and you’re more apt to make them if going it alone. Using a REALTOR® helps you navigate the legal system, get you the best price, all with less hassle for you, the client. Cut down on your stress level and call your REALTOR® today.
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.
Listing information last updated on May 29th, 2016 at 10:00am CDT.